Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl> on 2014/12/18 10:22:08 UTC

[4.14] release status update

Hi,

I've just cherry-picked the changes from the release branch into the
develop branch. I've chosen to cherry-pick rather than merge because
of the issues we had with a failed merge earlier this week, which made
the release branch a bit of a mess. I plan to do this more regularly
from now on, in accordance with [1].

Testing so far has been progressing nicely, with a fair number of
issues fixed and most reports being generally positive. Currently I'm
tracking the following issues:

- Fix for ‘no-label’ FlatSpark button (Mahmoud)
- Solution to 'adl/adt' issue with build script (Chris M./Justin)
- Update docs with Java 1.8 "support" (Justin)
- TLF stabilisation (Harbs/Piotr)
- AIR 16 release

The following JIRA issues are open and designated for a fix before 4.14 release:

FLEX-26478 (Mihai Chira)
FLEX-34355 (Alex Harui)
FLEX-34405 (Maurice Amsellem)
FLEX-34581 (OmPrakash Muppirala)
FLEX-34609 (Mihai Chira)
FLEX-34657 (Erik de Bruin)

The 'mobile' runs in Mustella seem to indicate a problem, but we'll
need at least another cycle (~ 24 hrs.) to make sure it isn't a glitch
in the Matrix.

All in all we're making excellent progress. Thanks everyone!

EdB

1: http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [4.14] release status update

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Thank you.

I've updated the RELEASE_NOTES and the 'want to fix' JIRA ticket.

EdB

Posted by Mihai Chira <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
> Separately, are we ready to remove the OSMF and SWFObject prompts from the
> install scripts?

If I understood correctly, Justin has picked that up... Justin?

EdB

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
> +1 for doing it required in the installer.
> Information on Wiki is not enough in my opinion.

I've started a new thread on this subject.

EdB

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
+1 for doing it required in the installer.
Information on Wiki is not enough in my opinion.

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

AW: [4.14] release status update

Posted by Krüger, Olaf <OK...@edscha.com>.
>So, we can make this required, or we should somehow explain during the installation that that license is needed for FlatSpark.
Perhaps we could change the already existing hint:
From:
"The FlatSpark theme uses fonts licensed under the Open Font License. Do you want to install the Font Awesome and Lato Fonts?"
To:
"The FlatSpark components require fonts licensed under the Open Font License. Do you want to install the Font Awesome and Lato Fonts?"

Olaf

________________________________

Edscha Holding GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Remscheid
Registergericht: Wuppertal, HRB 22889
Geschäftsführung: Francisco J. Riberas Mera, Francisco López Peña, David Vázquez Pascual, Torsten Greiner, Markus Kirchner, Hans-Peter Schulz und Volker Weiss

Vertretungsberechtigt sind nur Geschäftsführer und schriftlich Bevollmächtigte.

Solely Managing Directors or employees with a written proxy have got power of representation.

Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail einschließlich etwaiger beigefügter Dateien ist vertraulich und nur für den Empfänger bestimmt. Sollten Sie nicht der bestimmungsgemäße Empfänger sein, ist Ihnen jegliche Offenlegung, Vervielfältigung, Weitergabe oder Nutzung des Inhalts untersagt. Bitte informieren Sie in diesem Fall unverzüglich den Absender und löschen Sie die E-Mail einschließlich etwaiger beigefügter Dateien von Ihrem System. Vielen Dank.

The contents of this e-mail including any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of its contents is strictly prohibited, and you should please notify the sender immediately and then delete this e-mail including any attachments from your system. Thank you.

Re: [4.14] release status update

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I just confirmed this.

I installed 2 versions of 4.14, one without checking the "Adobe Embedded
Font Libraries and Utilites" license.

I get that exact error only when I use the version that I didn't accept
that license.

So, we can make this required, or we should somehow explain during the
installation that that license is needed for FlatSpark.
I'll update the wiki with this information.

Re: [4.14] release status update

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.
I am installing the sdk again right now to confirm the issue.

Re: [4.14] release status update

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.
> Ah! Is this information in the Wiki article? If not, it should be, so
> we can tell people to RTFM ;-)

We just need a confirmation and I'll add it to the wiki.

> If it is needed for FlatSpark why it is optional ? :)

I think we were debating this in another email.

Re: [4.14] release status update

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by Mahmoud Ali <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Erik,

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 12:54 AM, Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

> From Alex in another thread:
>
> "1) whether I broke IOS and Android versions of SpinnerList/DateSpinner."
>
> The Mustella tests seem to indicate all is well. There may be issues
> that will only be visible in the wild, but we won't know unless we put
> the release in the wild. As far as I'm concerned this is no longer a
> blocker.

There are no Mustella tests for the new iOS and Android skins.  They are
only available for the legacy mobile skins.  So, there is a chance that
they are broken even if Mustella reports that everything is fine.

But I do agree that it is not a blocker issue anymore.

Thanks,
Om

Re: [4.14] release status update

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
>From Alex in another thread:

"1) whether I broke IOS and Android versions of SpinnerList/DateSpinner."

The Mustella tests seem to indicate all is well. There may be issues
that will only be visible in the wild, but we won't know unless we put
the release in the wild. As far as I'm concerned this is no longer a
blocker.

"2) whether we want to remove the OFL license option from the Installer"

Yes, we do want this. Justin's arguments make sense, so I second his
proposal to remove it. Will you be able to assist with that?

"3) whether we add text to the Embedded Font option in the installer
that you need to select the Embedded Font libraries if you are going
to try the FlatSpark theme."

Yes, we need text, IMO. I've added my suggestion for en_US to the
config and I'm awaiting the localisations before committing.

So, the way things are going, we're on course for a vote early next week!

EdB

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 1/13/15, 11:47 PM, "Erik de Bruin" <er...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

>Alex,
>
>I see you've been working on the mobile Mustella failures. Just so we
>don't cross our beams, what else is on your plate with regard to the
>4.14 release?

If I have time I will look at the DateSpinner failures.

Last night I tweaked the installer to take out the OSMF and SWFObject
options.  Folks should make sure it works as expected.

BTW, I was totally wrong on my guess about BI.  I was looking at the skin
in the Spark SWC but the tests use the one in the MobileTheme.SWC.  The
skin in the Spark SWC may not be right but I don’t know how to tell.

-Alex

Re: [4.14] release status update

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Alex,

I see you've been working on the mobile Mustella failures. Just so we
don't cross our beams, what else is on your plate with regard to the
4.14 release?

Thanks,

EdB

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.
Still not worse than my 2px padding change to the checkbox skin,  think we has had hundreds bad images or something ridiculous.  :P

-Mark

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 1/7/15, 7:17 AM, "Erik de Bruin" <er...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

>  - a whole bunch of mobile tests fail

I looked into this last night.  I think there may be several issues, but I
think most failures are caused by a slight change to the graphics for the
BusyIndicator used in the test.  IOW, most ActionBar tests are failing

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
OK, we're getting closer:

- still hoping for an AIR 16 release
- Justin needs a bit more time for the final fixes for the 'legal' issues
- we have two sets of Mustella failures to worry about:
  - FXG tests fail with FP/AIR 16
  - a whole bunch of mobile tests fail

I'm sure the first two will resolve soon (if AIR is not released,
we'll still go ahead with the vote, it's not a blocker); I am worried
about the Mustella stuff. Alex provided steps to fix the minor issues
with FXG, which I hope to apply soon... But the mobile failures are
too complex for someone not familiar with recent changes to easily
solve. And since Om is unavailable for another couple of weeks...

I am tempted to release with the mobile tests failing, but I won't :-(
The failures are too severe and will affect a lot of users, I'm
afraid. Thoughts?

EdB

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Hi,