Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brian Nice <bn...@cfl.rr.com> on 2001/12/18 04:10:57 UTC

tomcat not starting properly on Linux

I installed tomcat 3.3 on our linux server, along with Java 1.3. When I run
the startup.sh script, all that happens is my environment variables -
JAVA_HOME, PATH, and TOMCAT_HOME are echoed back to me on the screen. If I
do a grep on java processes, there are about 12 java processes that start
up. However, when I go to http://localhost:8080, i get nothing.

The documentation says that a bunch of things are supposed to scroll on the
screen after startup, not just seeing the environment variables. So it seems
that something is not working correctly. I'm pretty new to Linux so I'm not
sure what all to try. What sort of things do I need to look for? and what
can I try to get this up and running?

Thanks for the help
Brian
bnice@cfl.rr.com