Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Bryan D. Andrews" <ba...@trendcore.com> on 2006/06/12 15:45:07 UTC

Syncing Repository Locations

We have a remote office that we would like to sync code with when they
check in - maybe a mirrored repository or just specific folders.

Anyone have any suggestions with respect to this? Any successes or
failures to pass along?

Re: Syncing Repository Locations

Posted by Bob Proulx <bo...@proulx.com>.
Bryan D. Andrews wrote:
> We have a remote office that we would like to sync code with when they
> check in - maybe a mirrored repository or just specific folders.

In the repository in the hooks/post-commit script you can have actions
happen automatically when files are committed to the repository.
There you could automatically push/sync the repository to another
location.

You can keep another copy of the repository if you treat one as
read-only.  You really only want to check into one, the master, and
not the others.  Therefore you could copy the repository to the other
site and lock it down to be read-only.

You might want to look at the svk tool.  It would be useful in your
context.

  http://svk.elixus.org/

Bob