Posted to users@maven.apache.org by MT...@EvergreenInvestments.com on 2006/03/30 16:58:28 UTC

Why would I get this problem on initial create of project

Hi I am trying to create my first Maven project as guided in the "Maven
GettingStarted Guide"

But I get the following errors.  Any ideas? This is my first step after
installing Maven202.

c:>mvn -e archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO]   Maven Quick Start Archetype
[INFO]   Maven Mojo Archetype
[INFO]   Unnamed - com.devx.greeter:greeter-web:war:1.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]   Unnamed - com.devx.greeter:greeter:pom:1.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[WARNING] Cannot resolve plugin-mapping metadata for groupId:
org.apache.maven.plugins - IGNORING.
[WARNING] Cannot resolve plugin-mapping metadata for groupId:
org.codehaus.mojo - IGNORING.
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin

Reason: Error getting POM for
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' from the repository:
Unable to read local cop
y of metadata: Cannot read metadata from
'c:\MavenRepo\org\apache\maven\plugins\maven-archetype-plugin\maven-metadata-central
.xml': attribute value must start with quotation or apostrophe not s
(position: TEXT seen ...</head>\r\n<body>\r\n<link rel=s
  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:pom:LATEST

[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error resolving
version for 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype
-plugin': Unable to read the metadata file for artifact
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:pom': Error getting