Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Derek Cline <de...@cnation.com> on 2000/09/25 21:53:03 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] HTTP::Monkeywrench 1.0 (new package)

The URL:
   http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=7560&release_id=11892

has entered CPAN as:
     file: $CPAN/authors/id/C/CN/CNATION/Monkeywrench-1.0.tar.gz
     size: 14849 bytes
      md5: 89e5c6aab819ad7781f842cf566f9acd

   HTTP::Monkeywrench is a web site testing utility.

See
  http://opensource.cnation.com/projects/Monkeywrench/ for more information.

  - Although Monkeywrench is not written as a mod_perl application, it
is tremendously useful to mod_perl developers, which is why I sent it
to mod_perl.  We developed Monkeywrench specifically because we
needed to test our dynamic mod_perl sites.

  - Monkeywrench is a command line based application built for testing
static or dynamic websites under development to test their integrity
and report errors.

  - Monkeywrench works by letting you create 'test scenarios' which
can be run against the site again and again. Test scenarios closely
mimic a user going through your site performing specific actions like
filling out a registration form, or ordering a product. It can then
make sure each page had the desired results.