Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/28 18:33:23 UTC

[DISCUSS] Artemis Docker Image

Sorry if I am being completely ignorant here. how can we deliver
official docker images?

Consider the following:

- How that plays on the release? it would be part of our normal
release? or should be done afterwards?
- I believe there's an apache entity.. but who handles authorization
to publish them?

There are a couple ones out there on the docker hub.. but i was
looking to have an official build.. signed by us.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [DISCUSS] Artemis Docker Image

Posted by Victor <vi...@gmail.com>.
>@Victor: It would be nice to make your work official here... would
>appreciate any help if we can move this forward.

I'm in for contributing as it is or to many any changes necessary.
I'm engage in the discussion too, last time most of the problem was
figuring out the details and a build process that make sense for the docker
ecosystem.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Victor <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arthur Naseef <ar...@amlinv.com>.
I know how to create a docker image, and do so with a maven build.

And getting an image into a registry isn't too hard.  That's the "docker
push" command.  I suspect the docker-maven-plugin may be able to do that as
part of a build.

The part I don't know is how it can be published to a central docker
registry.  May be as simple as setting up an account on the central server.

As for making it part of the release - I think it would be great to have a
public docker image updated on every release.  However, I wouldn't want to
make it part of the main Artemis build (i.e. "mvn clean install" from the
activemq-artemis.git root) since the main deliverable from Apache projects
is the source, and requiring everyone who builds Artemis to have docker and
build the image seems like overkill.

Art

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--