Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by kbutler <ke...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/20 21:45:01 UTC

Alphebetical counter

Hi -
I want to create a per-thread counter that starts with value "aaaa" and
increments alphabetically to "zzzz".  So the series would look like:
   aaaa
   aaab
   aaac
   aaba
   aabb
   aabc
   zzzz

AFAIK this does not currently exist as a Config element.

Does anyone have a way of doing this right now?  Suggestions?

Thanks -
Kent

Re: Alphebetical counter

Posted by kbutler <ke...@gmail.com>.
Well I went ahead and created an Alpha Counter config element, based on the
Counter, which does the incrementing described in the original post.  User
specifies 'start' as a character string of fixed length, e.g. aaaaa  --- and
the task will increment and rollover as if counting in base 26. When
reaching zzzzz (in this example) it will roll back over to aaaaa. It works
nicely.

I'm not a member of the Developer's group, so before I go through that, does
anyone feel this is worthy of being contributed to the JMeter baseline?  No
hard feelings if not.  I'm too new to the list to have a sense about what
the project is interested in adding.

Thanks -

Re: Alphebetical counter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Or create a file and use CSV Dataset config.

Re: Alphebetical counter

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.