Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Andrea Taurchini <at...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/15 14:36:11 UTC

Stopping the framework ...

Dear All,
maybe I'm missing (again) something, but if I stop the framework, no matter
if through Felix Web Console or CTRL+C, configurations go to hell on the
next restart.
Even the default enhancement chain will stop working since the order or the
engine is changed to :

   - *metaxa* ( optional , currently not available)
   - *entityhubExtraction* ( required , currently not available)
   - *tika* ( optional , TikaEngine)
   - *langdetect* ( required , LanguageDetectionEnhancementEngine)
   - *ner* ( required , NamedEntityExtractionEnhancementEngine)
   - *dbpediaLinking* ( required , NamedEntityTaggingEngine)

not to mention the fact that my own configurations (topic classifier ...)
is completely removed ...

Thanks,
Andrea

Re: Stopping the framework ...

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

even after a detailed inspection of the log file you provided was not
able to find an indication of any problem. Based on the logging the
Stanbol instance was started, stopped and than started and stopped
again. The loggings of the first and the second startup are really
similar.

The only thing that might cause problems is the "java.io.IOException:
Unable to establish loopback connection" but as you mentioned in your
last mail solving this has also not solved your issue.

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Andrea Taurchini <at...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I should install stanbol on a windows server ... so it is not possible ?

AFAIK there are several users that do use Stanbol on Windows. Only
yesterday a Blog about MakoLab using Stanbol with their Windows CMS
was posted [1].

Andrea can you try to do the following

1. 1st time start of Stanbol (in an empty directory)
2. after the start archive the "stanbol\config" folder
3. stop the stanbol instance
4. after shutdown again archive the "stanbol\config" folder
5. start stanbol a 2nd time
6. make an third archive of the "stanbol\config" folder

If you can send me those three archives I will make and before after
check of the OSGI component configurations as written to your HD.
Maybe this will provide a hint about your issue

best
Rupert

[1] http://blog.iks-project.eu/makolabs-stanbol-integration-with-renault-international-cms-system/

Re: Stopping the framework ...

Posted by Andrea Taurchini <at...@gmail.com>.
Dear Rupert,
unfortunately yes I do have the same error.
I tried to solve as said in the link you provided ... but again the same
error.
I should install stanbol on a windows server ... so it is not possible ?

Thanks.

Best,
Andrea

Re: Stopping the framework ...

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Stopping the framework ...

Posted by Andrea Taurchini <at...@gmail.com>.
Dear Rupert and all,
unfortunately I can't see any error related to disk writing.
Here attached you can find the error log can you please help finding which
is the problem ?

I made the following :

Re: Stopping the framework ...

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.