Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Rickard Cardell <ri...@klarna.com> on 2014/06/17 14:22:18 UTC

Unclear documentation on how to configure shell/java tasks

Hi

The documentation for a shell/java action could be more clear in how
configure the task.

>From http://oozie.apache.org/docs/4.0.0/DG_ShellActionExtension.html :

> Shell *launcher* configuration can be specified with a file, using the
> job-xml element, and inline, using the configuration elements.

However it doesn't say anything about you need to add "oozie.launcher" as a
prefix for the configuration in order to apply it on the launcher task.

Has that intentionally been left out or did we miss something?

For example, the parameter for increasing the memory for a mapper task is:

<configuration>
  <property>
    <name>*mapreduce.map.memory.m*b</name>
    <value>6144</value>
  </property>
</configuration>

But since the shell/java command is executed in the launcher task, the
configuration is actually:

<configuration>
  <property>
    <name*>oozie.launcher.mapreduce.map.memory.mb*</name>
    <value>6144</value>
  </property>
</configuration>

//Rickard

--
- Rickard Cardell
Developer

klarna.se Klarna AB
Sveavägen 46
111 34 Stockholm
+46 8 120 120 00
Org. nr: 556737-0431[image: Klarna]

Re: Unclear documentation on how to configure shell/java tasks

Posted by Mona Chitnis <ch...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
You are right about adding the prefix. The docs should fix this. Made it a
part of OOZIE-1881