Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Simeon Walker <si...@bangor.ac.uk> on 2002/06/28 12:12:43 UTC

SunRise and sub-sitemaps and aggregation

Hi,

I am having some trouble setting up the SunRise authentication
system. I am using Cocoon 2.0.2.

I have got the components compiled and made the changes to
my cocoon.xconf and sitemap. My first step is to try and
protect one page and get it redirected to my login page.

My site has all url's matched by entries in the root sitemap
which then always aggregate content from sub sitemaps via
the cocoon protocol.

The trouble is I need to protect (with the auth components)
certain url's in sub sitemaps. When I try this it is not the
web browser that gets the redirect to the login page, I think
the redirect is being seen by the part of cocoon handling the
root sitemap.

Question is, what to do about it? The root sitemap is there
to handle things like browser dependant xsl transformations
and aggregation of content and first level menus. The sub
sitemaps do further aggregation for second level menus and
language dependent document selection. If I were to try and
bring all this into the root sitemap so that the redirection
worked the result would be a nightmare to maintain.

Can anyone see a way around this?

Regards,
Simeon

--
Simeon Walker,                      email: simeon@sbs.bangor.ac.uk
School of Biological Sciences,      phone: +44 (0)1248 383702

RE: SunRise and sub-sitemaps and aggregation

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Hi Simon,

this is a bug in the authentication source. I will fix this asap.
Thanks for reporting.

Carsten