Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Tylman Ule <ul...@sfs.nphil.uni-tuebingen.de> on 2000/05/25 19:08:29 UTC

jdk 1.2.2 & xsp NoSuchMethodError on org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementImpl.normalize

Having happily installed Cocoon 1.7.4 on a standalone Tomcat 3.1 for a
start, I found that the XSP samples do not work for me. I have just
recently joined this list, but it seems that others had this problem
before.

It's only that with me,
1. removing xml.jar from the CLASSPATH does not help
2. the samples run perfectly when switching to IBM's jdk118

I'm normally using SUN's jdk1.2.2

Did anyone else hit this configuration before?

Thanks for any hints,

Tylman

subject was:
xsp NoSuchMethodError on org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementImpl.normalize

problem:
cannot locate method

--
Tylman Ule,  Tel. 07071/29-78490, Fax 07071/550520
	Seminar für Sprachwissenschaft, Universität Tübingen

XSP sample doesn't work for me.

Posted by jun rui <ju...@cal.montage.ca>.
I've got the error message like this: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.w3c.dom.Node: method normalize()V not found

I am using Cocoon 1.7.4, jdk1.2.2, Tomcat 3.1 on Red Hat Linux 6.2.

Thanks for any help.

Jun

Re: jdk 1.2.2 & xsp NoSuchMethodError on org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementImpl.normalize

Posted by Mike Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com>.
on 5/25/00 12:08 PM, Tylman Ule at ule@sfs.nphil.uni-tuebingen.de wrote:

> 1. removing xml.jar from the CLASSPATH does not help
> 2. the samples run perfectly when switching to IBM's jdk118
Try putting the xml.jar that comes with Tomcat after your xerces.jar file in
the classpath.  You may have to edit tomcat.sh or whatever you're using to
start Tomcat

mike