Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by steve cohen <sc...@javactivity.org> on 2004/01/02 19:52:06 UTC

[net] Let's get rid of org.apache.commons.net.ftp.ftp2

Since all this code has by now been moved onto the main stem (ie,
org.apache.commons.net.ftp and org.apache.commons.net.ftp.parser), there is
no valid reason for keeping this package and its subpackages around anymore,
and it only creates maintenance issues.

Is there a recommended way to go about this?  It was doubtful to me that
anyone had ever used these packages, but I now see that I was wrong.  Someone
went and implemented an AIXFTPEntryParser in the ftp2.parser package (and not
on the main stem).

So I would be in favor of moving this class onto the main stem and deprecating
everything in ftp2.