Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Giang Dinh Truong <gi...@Cybersoft-VN.com> on 2006/07/10 05:25:45 UTC

Can I communicate through COM1 port using MINA Framework?

Dear Sir,

I am novice in MINA. Let me give description of my problem. I am working
on Window and Linux platform using Java. I want to establish a
communication through COM1 port using MINA framework. Is it possible? If
yes How to proceed for that? Please help me ASAP I am in big trouble.

Thanks for your help,

Giang Dinh

Re: Can I communicate through COM1 port using MINA Framework?

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
Le lundi 10 juillet 2006 à 10:25 +0700, Giang Dinh Truong a écrit :
> Dear Sir,
>

> I am novice in MINA. Let me give description of my problem. I am working
> on Window and Linux platform using Java. I want to establish a
> communication through COM1 port using MINA framework. Is it possible? If
> yes How to proceed for that? Please help me ASAP I am in big trouble.
>

> Thanks for your help,
>

> Giang Dinh

Hello,
First you need an windows & linux library for use serial port. I advise
your rxtx.org since last Sun Comm api doesn't support Windows. You can
use rxtx.org  directly or use a serial to TCP/IP server I made if you
want to use MINA for implementing your protocol stacks and be able to
connect to a TCP/IP serial port server.

Regards,

Julien