Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by DW <xf...@hotmail.com> on 2011/02/12 03:55:41 UTC

[users@httpd] Domain Ownership Certificate - .COM registrations

Does anybody know whether .com registrations allow you to have "Domain
ownership certificate" for free?  For .co.uk domains, one can download
the certificates from Nominet (UK's domain names managers & registrars)
but I don't know if there is anything like that for .com domains (from
ICANN I guess).  Even for .ru domains you get certificates.

Thanks.//

Re: [users@httpd] Domain Ownership Certificate - .COM registrations

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.

Posted by "J. Greenlees" <li...@jaqui-greenlees.net>.

Posted by Jeroen Geilman <je...@adaptr.nl>.
On 02/12/2011 03:55 AM, DW wrote:
> Does anybody know whether .com registrations allow you to have "Domain
> ownership certificate" for free?  For .co.uk domains, one can download
> the certificates from Nominet (UK's domain names managers &
> registrars) but I don't know if there is anything like that for .com
> domains (from ICANN I guess).  Even for .ru domains you get certificates.
>
> Thanks.//

What use does this serve ?

If it's to show to somebody, that's up to the registrar.

If it's to prove your online credentials, you prove those when somebody
ends up at your web site.

If it's for encryption and validation purposes, those are never free.

--
J.