Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com> on 2008/05/16 18:10:07 UTC

Building a distribution

can I build a distribution without having to upload or do any SVN actions,

I'm reading
http://activemq.apache.org/release-guide.html

also, when,
mvn release:prepare -DdryRun=true -Prelease

I get the error

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoFailureException: Cannot prepare
the release because you have local modifications
 :
[activemq-run\.classpath:unknown]
[activemq-run\.project:unknown]

of course, the "local modification" are of course my eclipse files,

I wanna be able is to generate a binary distribution

any thoughts
Filip

Re: Building a distribution

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
excellent, that's exactly what I needed to hear :)

C:\development\activeMQ\trunk\assembly\target>ls
apache-activemq-5.2-SNAPSHOT-bin.tar.gz  archive-tmp
apache-activemq-5.2-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip     classes
apache-activemq-5.2-SNAPSHOT-src.tar.gz  dependency-maven-plugin-markers
apache-activemq-5.2-SNAPSHOT-src.zip     maven-shared-archive-resources

Filip

Re: Building a distribution

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
<de...@hanik.com> wrote:
> can I build a distribution without having to upload or do any SVN actions,
>
> I'm reading
> http://activemq.apache.org/release-guide.html
>
> also, when,
> mvn release:prepare -DdryRun=true -Prelease
>

> I get the error
>
> Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoFailureException: Cannot prepare the
> release because you have local modifications
> :
> [activemq-run\.classpath:unknown]
> [activemq-run\.project:unknown]
>

> of course, the "local modification" are of course my eclipse files,
>
> I wanna be able is to generate a binary distribution

Just follow the standard build instructions and this will produce the
distribution in the assembly/target dir.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Re: Building a distribution

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
it builds, and puts individual JAR in my local M2 repo,

what I want is the .zip or the .tar.gz format for a complete distro

as mention, I didn't want to build, build->compile->package to jar
I want to build a distribution

Filip

Re: Building a distribution

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.