Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/19 20:02:14 UTC

[m2] Best Practices for pom ... data for site documentation

I have the following in my root pom.xml:

    <name>Shared Services</name>

    <description>
        Delta Dental Enterprise Shared Services Project Descriptor
        Add More details here
        ---
        * please ....
    </description>

I am trying to find some best practices to add more detail to each page?
APT and HTML format do not seem to work.

--
---
Thanks,

http://www.baselogic.com
http://www.blincmagazine.com
http://www.djmick.com
http://www.myspace.com/mickknutson
http://www.myspace.com/djmick_dot_com
http://www.myspace.com/sexybeotches
http://www.thumpradio.com
---

Re: [m2] Best Practices for pom ... data for site documentation

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks! That worked....

> On 4/19/07, Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > structure is:
> >
> > project-home (pom)
> >    --> Utilities Module (pom)
> >         --> Common Module (jar)
> >

> > I want to replace project/utilities/index.html with
> > src/site/xdoc/utilities/index.xml but my xdoc file does not
> > overwrite the one generated from the pom.
>
> You should have src/site/xdoc/index.xml under the utilities pom.
>
> Not src/site/xdoc/utilities/index.xml, which I assume you have under
> the project-home pom.
>
> It's only going to work if the module that's generating the index page
> "sees" your replacement file.
>
> --
> Wendy

---

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
Sorry.

structure is:

project-home (pom)
   --> Utilities Module (pom)
        --> Common Module (jar)

I want to replace project/utilities/index.html with
src/site/xdoc/utilities/index.xml but my xdoc file does not overwrite the
one generated from the pom.

I have attached both versions from the generated site. The xml files and the
output html files

> On 4/19/07, Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This did not seem to happen: src/site/xdoc/utilities/index.xml ->
> > /utilities/index.html
> >
> > This worked: src/site/xdoc/utilities/indexTest.xml ->
> > /utilities/indexTest.html
>
> You're not giving me much to go on here.  My guess is that 'utilities'
> is a module.  If so, put the 'replacement' index file in
> src/site/xdoc/index.xml of that module, not in
> src/site/xdoc/utilities/index.xml in the parent.
>
> If that still doesn't help, describe your project structure and show
> exactly where these files are, or construct a test project that
> demonstrates the problem.
>
> --
> Wendy

---

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
This did not seem to happen: src/site/xdoc/utilities/index.xml ->
/utilities/index.html

This worked: src/site/xdoc/utilities/indexTest.xml ->
/utilities/indexTest.html

> On 4/19/07, Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I created src/site/xdoc/utilities/index.xml
> >
> > But it did not seem to over write the index page. I still get the same
> one.
>
> That makes sense to me...
>
> src/site/xdoc/index.xml -> /index.html
>
> You have:
>
> src/site/xdoc/utilities/index.xml -> /utilities/index.xml
>
> > I tested renaming it, and it creates the file then.
>
> Renaming it to what?  And make sure your browser isn't just caching
> the old page.
>
> --
> Wendy

---

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
I created src/site/xdoc/utilities/index.xml

But it did not seem to over write the index page. I still get the same one.
I tested renaming it, and it creates the file then.

> On 4/19/07, Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Can I do the same with an xdoc page?
> >
> > eg. src/site/xdoc/index.xml
>
> Sure, pick whichever format you prefer.
>
> --
> Wendy

---

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
Can I do the same with an xdoc page?

eg. src/site/xdoc/index.xml

> On 4/19/07, Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have the following in my root pom.xml:
> > I am trying to find some best practices to add more detail to each page?
> > APT and HTML format do not seem to work.
>
> I think description is just meant to be a paragraph... if you need
> more, create src/site/apt/index.apt and that will replace the
> generated page.
>
> --
> Wendy

---