Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/19 10:16:26 UTC

Re: [PROPOSAL] ActiveMQ 5.4 preparation, Spring 3 usage and ServiceMix 3 versioning

Hi Jean-Baptiste,

I think that this is an excellent idea in term of migration path between the
different product as the Camel release 2.3-2.4 supports too Spring 3.0. It
should be interesting to check if project Apache CXF has made the same for
their upcoming version 2.3.

Nevertheless, we must be sure that components (activemq 5.4, ...) will be
backward compatible to allow a user to run its project with Spring 2.5 or
Spring 3.0. This could be achieved through a separate features xml file as
we have made it for Camel project.

Kind regards,

Charles Moulliard

Senior Enterprise Architect (J2EE, .NET, SOA)
Apache Camel - ServiceMix Committer
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com |  Twitter :
http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
Linkedin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard | Skype: cmoulliard