Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by VAUCHER Laurent <VA...@fermat.eu> on 2006/09/18 17:32:17 UTC

Checksum problem

  Trying to do a 'mvn archetype:create', I encounter checksum errors
from the IBiblio repository.
When Maven is configured to go directly to IBiblio, I get a warning, but
when I configure a proxy, it's archiva that gets the warning and it
seems to treat it as a blocking error. It does not deliver the plugin to
the maven 'client'.

  Is there a way to configure it to be less picky?
  Are files on IBiblio corrupted?
  Does anybody care? (The files in question seem to be several months
old 1.0-alpha-4).

Laurent.

Re: Checksum problem

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 19/09/2006, at 10:29 AM, Stephen Duncan wrote:

> So, define a repository in settings.xml with an id of "central", (even
> though I'll also have a mirror for central)?

right.

- Brett

Re: Checksum problem

Posted by Stephen Duncan <st...@gmail.com>.
On 9/18/06, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 19/09/2006, at 4:32 AM, Stephen Duncan wrote:
>

> > (Aside: How could I
> > configure the central repository to treat checksum errors as failures
> > normally in settings.xml?)
>
> <checksumPolicy>fail</checksumPolicy> inside <repository/>

So, define a repository in settings.xml with an id of "central", (even
though I'll also have a mirror for central)?

> > Is there some way to maybe due a scan of
> > central to find out the list of invalid checksums?
>
> Archiva can do that, and we'll be repairing problems in the not too
> distant future.

Great

--
Stephen Duncan Jr
www.stephenduncanjr.com

Re: Checksum problem

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: Checksum problem

Posted by Stephen Duncan <st...@gmail.com>.
I've noticed the same thing.  I started trying to use Archiva as a
proxy, and noticed that items failed to resolve due to checksum
errors.  I don't have a problem with that in theory, but there appear
to be several plugins on the central repo with bad checksums.  I
opened an issue about the one I noticed (the war plugin), but I've
noticed some others when using Maven regularly.  (Aside: How could I
configure the central repository to treat checksum errors as failures
normally in settings.xml?)  Is there some way to maybe due a scan of
central to find out the list of invalid checksums?

-Stephen

--
Stephen Duncan Jr
www.stephenduncanjr.com