Posted to general@james.apache.org by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> on 2007/08/20 02:50:50 UTC

JSPWiki@Apache (Was: [VOTE] Use a Blog for news)

Noel J. Bergman ha scritto:
> As for Wikis, see http://rollerweblogger.org/roller/entry/jspwiki_apache
> (and then follow the links).  I certainly would not be surprised to see us
> switch from MoinMoin...

Just an Off Topic pointer. I know JSPWiki is LGPL and they are some
years old: IMHO it will be a long long way to check IP/copyrights and to
ask every contributor the grant to move from LGPL to ASL.

Then, it first have to become an Apache project, then it has to be
supported by Infra team: I guess not less than 18 months at best.

But this is indeed something to keep monitored for a better future.

Stefano

RE: JSPWiki@Apache (Was: [VOTE] Use a Blog for news)

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Stefano Bagnara wrote:

> JSPWiki first have to become an Apache project, then it has to be
> supported by Infra team: I guess not less than 18 months at best.

Actually, when they come into the Incubator, I'd encourage them to follow
their own stated goal to become our Wiki.  They would need to be able to
import, to provide a similar Wiki farm with oversight, notification,
cachability, etc., but those are mileposts for them.  How long?  Up to them
to a certain extent.  If they deliver, I don't anticipate too much much
resistance, especially if we've moved forward on our ability to sandbox and
deploy new web apps.

	--- Noel