Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Utkarsh Dave <ut...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/01 20:33:47 UTC

Re: Unable to disable SSL in Tomcat 6 !

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the response. I am testing using below steps.

>From another machine I am running  this command:

openssl s_client -ssl3 -msg -connect <HOST>:<PORT>

HOST is the server ip (on the server where actually ssl needs to be
disabled and server.xml is modified with sslProtocols="TLSv1" )

PORT is 8443 (tomcat)

If the result of above command results in failure. It means SSL is disabled.

How can i know if my JVM recognizes the particular protocol string.

-Thanks
Utkarsh

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 10:09 AM, Utkarsh Dave <ut...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any other way to disable SSL in Tomcat 6.

How many ways do you need? The process described in this thread
works as indicated with 6.0.37.

http://about.me/hassanschroeder
twitter: @hassan

Re: Unable to disable SSL in Tomcat 6 !

Posted by Utkarsh Dave <ut...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

Yes. openssl s_client succeeds (displays no exception) when I have
sslProtocols="TLSv1"
set?
The latest releases of our project uses Tomcat 7, but to support older
releaes we may not upgrade from Tomcat 6 to 7.
Is there any other way to disable SSL in Tomcat 6.

-Utkarsh

On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 4:47 AM, Christopher Schultz <

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.