Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Soti, Dheeraj" <ds...@harris.com> on 2005/04/13 18:26:57 UTC

Is it a good practice to use xsd:anyType

I read at some places that implementation of anyType is optional for a vendor.
So I was wondering that how safe it is to use. I have a case where a class
contains different implementations of another class. So I can define the type
for that element as xsd:anyType in my WSDL and then at run time client can send
anything. As of now based on my reading I am not using this approach.

Thanks

Dheeraj

Re: Is it a good practice to use xsd:anyType

Posted by "Tim K. (Gmane)" <tk...@ugcs.net>.
I'm wondering the same and I have the same concerns.

However I'm using it with both rpc/encoded and wrapped doc/literal and
it seems to work (both Axis and .NET)

My problem is that I need a class something like this:

NamedValue
{
  String name;
  Object value;    <--- xsd:anyType
}

And I don't know how else I can do this so that I can send a
NamedValue[] where the values have various heterogeneous types.

Tim