Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Bhatia Saurabh <Bh...@OFAC.CH> on 2007/06/07 12:15:12 UTC

file name changes after resolve

Hello,

In my repository, I have the file names in their original form e.g.
axis.jar.

Resolve: file name changes in the local cache to axis-.jar

Retrieve: Since Ivy picks up the files from the local cache, I have the
files with names changed in my IDE as well in my lib directory.

I also changed the ivy.properties file in the ivy distribution on my
classpath to contain:

ivy.retrieve.pattern = ${ivy.lib.dir}/[artifact].[ext]

ivy.deliver.ivy.pattern = ${ivy.distrib.dir}/[type]s/[artifact].[ext]

ivy.publish.src.artifacts.pattern =
${ivy.distrib.dir}/[type]s/[artifact].[ext]

Still nothing seems to work. Looking for ideas.

What should I change ?

Thanks

Re: file name changes after resolve

Posted by John Gill <ll...@gmail.com>.
What does the ivy.xml file look like for axis?

My guess is that it is expecting you to use [revision] in the pattern, and
wants to store in the cache with a revision. There is also a cache pattern
in the settings file. cacheArtifactPattern defaults to
[organisation]/[module]/[type]s/[artifact]-[revision].[ext] so if you have
no revision in your ivy.xml for axis, it will be as if it is
[organisation]/[module]/[type]s/[artifact]-.[ext] which is what you are
getting.

You really need a revision specified otherwise it all breaks down.

On 6/7/07, Bhatia Saurabh <Bh...@ofac.ch> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> In my repository, I have the file names in their original form e.g.
> axis.jar.
>
> Resolve: file name changes in the local cache to axis-.jar
>
> Retrieve: Since Ivy picks up the files from the local cache, I have the
> files with names changed in my IDE as well in my lib directory.
>

> I also changed the ivy.properties file in the ivy distribution on my
> classpath to contain:
>
> ivy.retrieve.pattern = ${ivy.lib.dir}/[artifact].[ext]
>
> ivy.deliver.ivy.pattern = ${ivy.distrib.dir}/[type]s/[artifact].[ext]
>
> ivy.publish.src.artifacts.pattern =
> ${ivy.distrib.dir}/[type]s/[artifact].[ext]
>

> Still nothing seems to work. Looking for ideas.
>

> What should I change ?
>

> Thanks

John Gill