Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by "Andrew U. Frank" <fr...@geoinfo.tuwien.ac.at> on 2011/06/25 18:28:27 UTC

what means 'starting' in the status for a continuous replication?

i have asked this question but did not get an answer:
the problem persists - any hlep?

i start continuous replication (using curl) and see then in futon the
stauts as 'starting'. it seems to work (in the sense that new documents
are replicated). is there a way to see if two couchdb replications are
on the same state? (short of starting a non-continous replication)?

thank you

andrew

Re: what means 'starting' in the status for a continuous replication?

Posted by Mark Hahn <ma...@boutiquing.com>.
Anything that implies other than normal operation is confusing.
Seeing "starting" for more than a minute is definitely misleading.  I
don't care what it says as long as it doesn't mislead.

How about "started"?

--
Mark Hahn
Website Manager

Re: what means 'starting' in the status for a continuous replication?

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 7:20 AM, Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 9:58 PM, Mark Hahn <ma...@boutiquing.com> wrote:
>> May I suggest not calling it "starting" once it has started?  I found
>> that very confusing, and it is wrong.
>
> Yeah. Technically,
> "things-are-happening-but-will-happen-again-unless-we-get-to-the-first-checkpoint-so-that-we-don't-have-to-redo-this-part"
> would be more correct. If someone has a better word that summarizes
> that bit then I'd be happy to make the change, but I sure can't think
> of something better than "starting" or "initializing" or some other
> generic description that would cause less confusion.

starting? :D

Re: what means 'starting' in the status for a continuous replication?

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Hahn <ma...@boutiquing.com>.
May I suggest not calling it "starting" once it has started?  I found
that very confusing, and it is wrong.

--
Mark Hahn
Website Manager

Re: what means 'starting' in the status for a continuous replication?

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.

--
Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@gmail.com, fdmanana@apache.org