Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by KHASHAYAR SAJADI <kh...@btopenworld.com> on 2004/07/28 16:08:44 UTC

Server replacement

Hi,
I am using SVN server on my computer for sometime now and would like to move the server to another machine. Is there a way of moving the whole thing to another machine without losing anything?

Re: Server replacement

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 11:08, KHASHAYAR SAJADI wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using SVN server on my computer for sometime now and would like
> to move the server to another machine. Is there a way of moving the
> whole thing to another machine without losing anything?

svnadmin dump > dumpfile
svnadmin create newrepos
svnadmin load newrepos < dumpfile

Explained in chapter 5 of the book.

Re: Server replacement

Posted by Michael Goettsche <ma...@tuxipuxi.de>.
On Wednesday 28 July 2004 18:08, KHASHAYAR SAJADI wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using SVN server on my computer for sometime now and would like to
> move the server to another machine. Is there a way of moving the whole
> thing to another machine without losing anything?

You can dump the repository/repositories with svnadmin dump and load it back
again on the new server with svnadmin load.

Alternatively, you could use the hot-backup.sh script, it's somewhere in the
subversion source directory.

Michael.