Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Philipp Leusmann <ph...@post.rwth-aachen.de> on 2002/11/07 19:39:48 UTC

Global properties for a web-app

Hi,

I am trying to write a web-app using several servlets. Most of the servlets
should use Velocity.
To do this they subclass VelocityServlet.
My problem is, that they don´t find the templates if I don´t implement
loadConfiguration in each servlet. Is there a way to globally define a
configuration?
I also tried to add
<init-param>
      <param-name>properties</param-name>
      <param-value>/velocity.properties</param-value>
</init-param>

and defined the path in /velocity-properties, but that way Tomcat always
gives a parsing error for web.xml.

Thanks for your help,
 Philipp