Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/17 10:28:24 UTC

xenserver tools

H,

In the present template for systemvms on xen the xenserver tools are
not installed due to distribution rights issues. Now that xenserver is
open-sourced, can anyone say if they can be added again?

regards,
Daan

Re: xenserver tools

Posted by Abhinandan Prateek <Ab...@citrix.com>.
The GPL binaries should be provisioned in the template (using
tools/appliance/ scripts) and should not be part of the systemvm.iso.
The scripts in the iso can be modified as per the provisioned binaries.

Xenserver tools can be made available for all and will facilitate features
like dynamic scaling out of the box.

Re: xenserver tools

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: xenserver tools

Posted by Abhinandan Prateek <Ab...@citrix.com>.

Re: xenserver tools

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 7:35 AM, Abhinandan Prateek
<Ab...@citrix.com> wrote:
> Do file a big to track.

does not compute&%$&^$@

Oh wait, you have a spellchecker active ;)

Re: xenserver tools

Posted by Abhinandan Prateek <Ab...@citrix.com>.
Daan,
   The xen tools are listed under GPL. Now are you planning to change the
scripts ? Do file a big to track.
Regards,
-abhi

Re: xenserver tools