Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> on 2003/05/01 17:55:49 UTC

Re: default.psml for a Role and portlet config

On Wednesday, April 30, 2003, at 02:19  AM, Simon REZE wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Here is my problem :
> I defined a role named 'test'.
> I want to propose a set of portlets to users who have this role.
> In this set of portlets are portlet who have to be configured. By
> example a
> webmail portlet for which the user have to precise a username and a
> password.
> I've defined a default.psml file with my set of portlets and put this
> file
> under /psml/role/test/html. So when a user log in, he can see this set
> of
> portlets. But if he configures his webmail portlet, this configuration
> will
> be used for every other users under this role.
> So I try to copy the default psml file under the user directory. But
> the
> problem is the same.
> It seems that a portlet is defined by id in psml files. So for every
> user
> this id's are the same and therefore the config are also the same (is
> it
> true?).
> So my question is :
> how can I do a copy of a default psml file for my users with new id's
> for
> every portlet, so that everyone can configure his own portlet?

If I understand correctly, you have written a webmail portlet, and you
want each user to have their own settings for the webmail portlet.
If so, don't put the portlet in a role-psml, put it in the user's own
psml.
This can be accomplished with the Role Merge feature in the
JetspeedResources.properties file:

services.Profiler.rolemerge=true

> Thanks fo your help.
>
> Simon.
>
>  P.S: another little question. Is there an easy way to get a list of
> the
>  users who are 'online' in jetspeed?

follow these threads

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=jetspeed-