Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Danny Angus <da...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/25 16:07:55 UTC

James/Gump failures

Hi all, and Gump guys..(Apologies for x-posting, replies to self or
server-dev@james.)

Latest James failure was due to Gump not finding the output.
I've reconfigured the project descriptor 'james-server.xml' to
hopefully let it find it.

What this means is that the version number is now hardcoded in
james-server.xml. We should probably change the "main" ant target to
use a date suffix for the default jarname and have a special release
target for applying the release version suffix instead.
Or we could move James to Maven...

Anyway, if this doesn't work for Gump I'll do something else.

d.

Re: James/Gump failures

Posted by Danny Angus <Da...@slc.co.uk>.
Seems to hav
Guess I have the magic touch ;-)

FWIW I think all commiters have karma for their gump config(s) in svn,
(either that or you just have to ask on general@gump)

d.

The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to the intended recipient) please notify us immediately on 0141 306 2050 and delete the message from your computer. You may not copy or forward it or use or disclose its contents to any other person. As Internet communications are capable of data corruption Student Loans Company Limited does not accept any  responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent. For this reason it may be inappropriate to rely on advice or opinions contained in an e-mail without obtaining written confirmation of it. Neither Student Loans Company Limited or the sender accepts any liability or responsibility for viruses as it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any). Opinions and views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and may not reflect the opinions and views of The Student Loans Company Limit
 ed.

Re: James/Gump failures

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@gmail.com>.
done that.

Re: James/Gump failures

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Re: James/Gump failures

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/james-server/james-server/details.html

Re: James/Gump failures

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
> ... and it appears to have worked.
> Hooray, I can go back to quetly ignoring Gump again ;-) d.

Good news! Thanks :-)
Stefano

PS: we should commit some broken code to test Gump, now ;-)

Re: James/Gump failures

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: James/Gump failures

Posted by Danny Angus <Da...@slc.co.uk>.
I've commited that change.

|         |           Stefan Bodewig   |
|         |           <bodewig@apache.o|
|         |           rg>              |
|         |           26/07/2005 13:37 |
|         |           "James Developers|
|         |           List"            |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                 |
  |       To:       Danny Angus <Da...@slc.co.uk>                                                                             |
  |       cc:       "James Developers List" <se...@james.apache.org>                                                           |
  |       Subject:  Re: James/Gump failures                                                                                         |

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Danny Angus <Da...@slc.co.uk> wrote:

> It already is, its called ${version}. How do we "make Gump
> override..."?

In the Gump descriptor there is an <ant> element, that accepts nested
<property> elements.  On top of that Gump provides @@DATE@@ which gets
replaced with the current timestamp.

In your case you'd add

  <property name="version" value="@@DATE@@"/>

as child to <ant> and modify the <jar> element in the Gump descriptor
to reflect your change (name="james-server-@@DATE@@.jar" or something
similiar).

Stefan

Re: James/Gump failures

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Re: James/Gump failures

Posted by Danny Angus <Da...@slc.co.uk>.
Stefan,

Re: James/Gump failures

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Danny Angus <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Latest James failure was due to Gump not finding the output.
> I've reconfigured the project descriptor 'james-server.xml' to
> hopefully let it find it.

It does, many many thanks for helping us fixing it.

> What this means is that the version number is now hardcoded in
> james-server.xml. We should probably change the "main" ant target to
> use a date suffix for the default jarname and have a special release
> target for applying the release version suffix instead.

You could make the version itself a property (if it isn't already, I
haven't looked into your build file) and make Gump override this on
the command line.  We do so for lots of projects.

> Or we could move James to Maven...

Works with Ant as good as with Maven.

Cheers

        Stefan

Re: James/Gump failures

Posted by Danny Angus <Da...@slc.co.uk>.
That worked. :-)

|         |           Danny Angus      |
|         |           <danny.angus@gmai|
|         |           l.com>           |
|         |           25/07/2005 15:07 |
|         |           "James Developers|
|         |           List"            |
  |       To:       server-dev@james.apache.org                                                                                     |
  |       cc:       general@gump.apache.org                                                                                         |
  |       Subject:  James/Gump failures                                                                                             |