Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/29 05:02:57 UTC

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Hello All,

Is it time for release?

There are long holidays upcoming here, so I can send more time on Wicket
:)))

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.
+1

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com>.
Good luck with Jekyll and Ruby :-D

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Maybe it worth to start the VOTE on the release and announce as soon
as all "paper work" will be done?
This "no technical blockers" period lasts for 1.5 months ....
I believe we need to move forward with the release :)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Posted by Tobias Soloschenko <to...@googlemail.com>.

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com>.
It's not a bad idea :). I think Martijn is the one who has fully visibility
on such items.

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Posted by Rob Audenaerde <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello All,

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Korbinian, Sven,

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Posted by Korbinian Bachl <ko...@whiskyworld.de>.
Hi Martin,

i think we dont see jQuery as problem, but mere the current integration of all wicket JS and ajax and the depending on it. Its more an adaption to current standards, where old IEs and other quirks in browsers aren't needed anymore - so to say.

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hi,

I don't see a problem with jQuery in Wicket, I see room for improvements.

It's how we use jQuery that prevents users from using deferred
JavaScript resources.
As I have written I don't see this as urgent as Korbinian sees it - for
me this is not a 8.0.0 blocker!

But for frameworks its important IMHO to adapt to latests technologies
(i.e. defer) and community interests (e.g. first page impression). I
don't want to tell users to implement their own Wicket.xyz JS just to
use newest technologies.

I'll try to flesh out my proposal after we got out 8.0.0.

Sven

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Posted by Korbinian Bachl <ko...@whiskyworld.de>.
May I ask why not a simple Config option? When disabled current behaviour (default) but when turned on new behaviour? That way it wont break anything and may be added to wicket any time?

I just ask because this "not in that version" etc. usually is the reason why some Frameworks seems less active/ agile as others. Maybe I miss the big picture but I really would hate it if I have to wait for a new major version of wicket each time we need to keep up with the developement of the browsers... long time ago there was a discussion what version of jQuery should be in wicket and it went on 2, a sane idea at that time, but now as its 2018 I - for example - would instead now only ship JQuery 3.x default for wicket as the time has changed.

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Sven,

I would like to test using out main app, since initial version seems to be
more performant ....
And I believe this would be good way to improve my wicket skills :))

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hi Maxim,

Re: 8.0.0 blockers

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I'll try to test WICKET-6498 today/tomorrow

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 5:04 PM, Martijn Dashorst <
martijn.dashorst@gmail.com> wrote:

> I’m working on restyling the QuickStart to look like the new examples. Not
> a blocker but would be awesome to include. Will work on it 2nd Jan
>
> Martijn
>

> Op vr 29 dec. 2017 om 20:28 schreef Korbinian Bachl <
> korbinian.bachl@whiskyworld.de>
>
> > May I also mention WICKET-6498?
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-6498

WBR