Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Balaji <kr...@hotmail.com> on 2000/06/13 10:14:43 UTC

general/6184: Hanlding the browsers "stop" button in a KSH script in cgi-bin

>Number:         6184
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Hanlding the browsers "stop" button in a KSH script in cgi-bin
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          support
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Jun 13 01:20:00 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     krishbalaji20@hotmail.com
>Release:        1.3
>Environment:
OS-Aix 4.0 of Unix , gcc Ansi Compiler
My server is running fine. Server side is a Korn shell script(s) with some
C executables . As the functions performed by these are critical and cannot
be stopped in the middle, pls advise me as to how I should handle (capture)
the stop button of the broswer(Netscape and IE) when a user presses it.

My scripts stop the processes in the middle and the system behaves odd after
a "Stop".

Thanks and Regards
Balaji
When the browsers "stop" button is pressed by the user of a system that
runs on the apache server version 1.3, the server side scripts which
are korn shell scripts when stopped in the middle loose their connections to
the client (browser and the server daemons). This aborting of execution
leaves incomplete cycles of function executions and the system fails
from then on.

How shall we capture the "stop" button of the browser in a Korn shell server
script or how shall we inactivate the stop button of browser who browses.
As this is a socket connection , I feel trapping signals wont work.

Kindly suggest some ways
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Sorry .. I dont know wether it is a bug or not!!
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]