Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Arun Thomas <Ar...@solidusnetworks.com> on 2003/05/21 22:25:35 UTC

[lang] NestableDelegate

Hello....

I'm wondering if there's a reason that the NestableDelegate class in commons lang has only a package private constructor  and delegation methods even though it is a public class.  As far as I can see, the only reason for NestableDelegate to be public (rather than package private) is so that other implementations of Nestable could make use of it.  However, the package private constructor/methods makes such use impossible.

I would like to make use of it for enhancing new exceptions in a pre-existing inheritance heirarchy to implement the Nestable interface.  Any chance the constructor and delegation methods could be made public?

Cheers,
-AMT

Re: [lang] NestableDelegate

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
This one slipped by I think...

I can see no reason why we can't make NestableDelegate have public methods
and constructor. (Of course supplying a test class would help the
process...)

Any objections from anyone else?

Stephen