Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org> on 2004/08/11 02:45:51 UTC

Move soak_end_container to Apache::CmdParams

Currently, soak_end_container resides under Apache::Command, while expecting an
Apache::CmdParam as first argument. It was apparently misplaced to start with.

I suggest either moving it to Apache::CmdParams or dropping it alltogether.

Re: Move soak_end_container to Apache::CmdParams

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.

Stas Bekman wrote:
> Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
>
>>Currently, soak_end_container resides under Apache::Command, while
>>expecting an
>>Apache::CmdParam as first argument. It was apparently misplaced to start
>>with.
>>
>>I suggest either moving it to Apache::CmdParams or dropping it alltogether.
>

> +1 to move
>
> drop it if you can't see any possible use for it. Could it be that some
> module creating a new container will need it? in either case, it'll
> trivial to add it later.

Actually, after looking at where it's being used in httpd, I am going to just
drop it.

soak_end_container just slurps config up to a closing </Block> discarding everything.
It's used by <IfDefine> and <IfModule> to slurp away all that in it when the condition
is false.

And even if a Perl user decided to implement something vaguely similar, it could be
written in 1-2 lines of Perl, or easily re-added.

So, I think it's better to just drop it for now.

Re: Move soak_end_container to Apache::CmdParams

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.