Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by jplesset <ja...@dp-design.com> on 2004/11/04 03:59:00 UTC

Increasing numbers of spamd processes? 3.0.1

Hello, all:

I have just upgraded from 2.63 to 3.0.1.  Solaris 9, iPlanet Messaging
Server 5.2p2.

Everything appears to be working ok, except .. .

On startup, I get 4 spamd processes.  This number increases with each
message I receive.  I have set the max children to 2, and the
max-conn-per-child to 3, but I now have 15 spamd processes, and it's
growing .. .

Here's my start command:

/path/to/spamd/spamd -d --max-children=2 --max-conn-per-child=3

I don't have a lot of memory, and just increased swap, so my server
keeps running for more than a few minutes, but this isn't good.  Have I
missed something stupid?

Thank you, all!

jay plesset

Sr. Tech Support Engineer