Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Ambika Das <ad...@sapient.com> on 2017/12/21 08:38:15 UTC

Camel Clustering

Hi,

I am looking for out of the box support for clustering in a hybrid environment. What the Zookeeper Route policy provides is a master / slave route policy where the slave becomes active only when master fails.

Is there any way of having multiple nodes and let these nodes consume file / message in a round robin way?

Thanks,
Das A.P

AW: Camel Clustering

Posted by Burkard Stephan <St...@visana.ch>.
Hi,

For JMS you can simply deploy multiple instances of your module and then they concurrently consume messages from the same queues (not round robin, but parallel processing. No zookeeper needed). Notice that even a single instance can have multiple concurrent consumers.

For file endpoints concurrent consumers are probably not the best. For such cases we have single instance deployments and a watchdog that monitors and restarts the instance when needed (Spring Boot health check).

Regards
Stephan

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

If you have a copy of the CiA2 book then it has a full chapter on clustering.

But in regards to zookeeper-master route-policy then it works with
only one node being active and the others are slaves, they are not all
active at the same time.
What you talk about is more like competing consumers on a shared set
of files, and that is a bit more tricky, the CiA2 book covers this in
the transaction/idempotent chapter in the latter part.

--
Claus Ibsen