Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/28 15:01:51 UTC

File generator resolves to root context with empty src attribute

When passing an empty string/null value to a file generator's "src"
attribute, it seems to resolve to the root context (sitemap
directory).

For example,
<map:match pattern="**tab-*.html">
  <map:select type="exists">
    <map:when test="{project:content.xdocs}tabs.xml">
         <map:generate src="{project:content.xdocs}tabs.xml"/>
    </map:when>
    <map:otherwise>
       <map:generate src="{lm:tabs.xml}"/>
    </map:otherwise>
  </map:select>

In the above snippet, {lm:tabs.xml} returns null but the generator
resolves to (on my box) "C:\src\apache-forrest-lm\main\webapp" which
throws an Access Denied exception.  What I would have expected is a
SourceNotFoundException because, after all, an empty source couldn't
be found.  Is this behavior intentional? a bug?

Thanks,
--tim

Re: File generator resolves to root context with empty src attribute

Posted by Geert Josten <Ge...@daidalos.nl>.
As I meant, I considered it a bug, though a minor one. If you want it fixed, put it on bugzilla or
submit a patch yourself.. ;-)

Cheers

Posted by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geert Josten <Ge...@daidalos.nl>.