Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Steve Brown <pr...@flex.com.au> on 2001/02/09 08:06:02 UTC

Namespace for java.lang.Math

Hi,

I want to use the java.lang.Math.abs() method in my XSL transformation but
am having a little trouble.  I can get it working with:

    			version="1.0"
    			xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/xslt/java"
    			exclude-result-prefixes="java">
.
<xsl:value-of select="java:java.lang.Math.abs()....../>

but cant get it working with

    			version="1.0"
    			xmlns:math="http://xml.apache.org/xslt/java/java.lang.Math"
    			exclude-result-prefixes="math">
.
<xsl:value-of select="math:abs()....../>

OR

    			version="1.0"
    			xmlns:math="java.lang.Math"
    			exclude-result-prefixes="math">
.
<xsl:value-of select="math:abs()....../>

The reason that I want to do it this way is so I can (hopefully) use various
XSLT processors on the one standard document.

I am having a little trouble understanding the Namespace stuff so if you
also know of any good spots to get a bit of an idea on Namespace concepts,
that would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve.

Re: Namespace for java.lang.Math

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
Steve Brown wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to use the java.lang.Math.abs() method in my XSL transformation but
> am having a little trouble.  I can get it working with:

>                         version="1.0"
>                         xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/xslt/java"
>                         exclude-result-prefixes="java">
> .
> <xsl:value-of select="java:java.lang.Math.abs()....../>
>
> but cant get it working with

>                         version="1.0"
>                         xmlns:math="http://xml.apache.org/xslt/java/java.lang.Math"
>                         exclude-result-prefixes="math">
> .
> <xsl:value-of select="math:abs()....../>
>
> OR

>                         version="1.0"
>                         xmlns:math="java.lang.Math"
>                         exclude-result-prefixes="math">
> .
> <xsl:value-of select="math:abs()....../>
>
> The reason that I want to do it this way is so I can (hopefully) use various
> XSLT processors on the one standard document.
>
> I am having a little trouble understanding the Namespace stuff so if you
> also know of any good spots to get a bit of an idea on Namespace concepts,
> that would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve.

Steve --

What version of XalanJ are you using?  This should work with XalanJ2.

Gary