Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/05/03 20:18:26 UTC

[Lucene-hadoop Wiki] Update of "FAQ" by Arun C Murthy

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Lucene-hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by Arun C Murthy:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/FAQ

  == 3. How well does Hadoop scale? ==

- Hadoop has been demonstrated on clusters of up to 902 nodes.  Sort performance is [http://www.mail-archive.com/hadoop-dev%40lucene.apache.org/msg01777.html good] and still improving.
+ Hadoop has been demonstrated on clusters of up to 902 nodes.  Sort performance is [https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12356727/post-H-1270.png good] (sort500 i.e. 5TB of data on 500 nodes takes around 2 1/2 hours) and still improving.

  == 4. Do I have to write my application in Java? ==