Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2009/10/29 19:59:58 UTC

Applying incremental deltas to installed httpd/manual/

One frustration I've run into with ftp and now fcgid modules
is performing the final integration, if someone wants to simply
layer the package on an existing installation.  There is a pretty
significant headache to modifying the installed directives.html
etc etc.

It might be worthwhile to discuss this during hackathon time Monday,
if others are also interested in this general topic of extensible
documentation.

Re: Applying incremental deltas to installed httpd/manual/

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Oct 29, 2009, at 14:59 , William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> One frustration I've run into with ftp and now fcgid modules
> is performing the final integration, if someone wants to simply
> layer the package on an existing installation.  There is a pretty
> significant headache to modifying the installed directives.html
> etc etc.
>
> It might be worthwhile to discuss this during hackathon time Monday,
> if others are also interested in this general topic of extensible
> documentation.

I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about, but we have a httpd-
docs table in the hackathon. Come talk.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com