Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <ma...@hp.com> on 2001/07/07 04:48:53 UTC

RE: mod_ssl for Apache 2.0 (P-I)

Hi,
	Here's the patch for the changes that I've done to get the mod_ssl
code to compile. It is based off the httpd-2_0_19 distribution (with the
very first patch to threaded that Ryan had suggested). The attached is
Part-1 of a 2 part mail (the ezmlm doesn't allow me to send mails > 100K)

	I haven't been able to implement Ryan's suggestion regarding the use
of process_rec->pool->user_data. PLEASE note that this was my first step
towards getting most part of the code to compile - so I expect the changes
to evolve over time.. Please do commit accordingly..

Summary of changes :
--------------------
1. Replace ap_ctx *ap_global_ctx with a global table (apr_table_t
ap_global_ctx) created in SERVER/MAIN.C. This was just a temporary work
around - I'll be implementing the change that Ryan suggested.
2. Use conn_rec->notes, request_rec->notes to store any intermittent values
(to replace apctx).
3. SSLFilterCtx (on similar lines to TLSFilterCtx)
4. Current assumption is that the key file is not password encrypted (so, we
don't have the pass-phrase dialog restrictions)
5. The "#ifdef POSTPONE" block eliminates the pieces of code that I still
haven't looked into / which has to be investigated further.
6. Tried to change fopen, fclose... to use apr_file_* functionality.
7. Replace ap_* functions by the corresponding apr_* functions (not using
ap_compat.h purposefully). If anybody has objections, please do let me know
- it's really simple to go back to ap_* functionality.

Current Status :
1. If COMPILES_BUT_BREAKS_HTTP is set to "1" (in mod_ssl.c), the httpd
processes just come up - but none of the http requests will not be served -
I'm investigating further into the cause..
2. SSLFilter - I'm trying to use the TLSFilter code itself. (It can be
activated by setting the STILL_TESTING flag to "1" in mod_ssl.c).

Thanks
-Madhu