Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ga...@messier-bugatti.com on 2009/04/03 12:26:41 UTC

Limitation on repository size

Dear all,

We're in a process of evaluating subversion in our company and a question
is raised about the limits on the size of the repository subversion can
manage. Is there a known limitation by subversion or is it only dependent
on the server hosting the repository ?

many thanks

gabriel

Gabriel SCOLAN
Messier-Bugatti - DY/TSA
(+33) 1 46 29 28 09
Zone Aéronautique Louis Breguet - BP 40 - F-78141 Vélizy-Villacoublay
gabriel.scolan@messier-bugatti.com
visit our website: http://www.messier-bugatti.com

"Ce courriel et les documents qui sont attachés peuvent contenir des
informations confidentielles. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire escompté,
merci d'en informer l'expéditeur immédiatement et de détruire ce courriel
ainsi que tous les documents attachés de votre système informatique. Toute
divulgation, distribution ou copie du présent courriel et des documents attachés
sans autorisation préalable de son émetteur est interdite."

"This e-mail and any attached documents may contain confidential or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately
and delete this e-mai land all attached documents from your computer system. Any
unauthorised disclosure, distribution or copying hereof is prohibited."

Re: Limitation on repository size

Posted by Les Mikesell <le...@gmail.com>.
Gabriel.SCOLAN@messier-bugatti.com wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> We're in a process of evaluating subversion in our company and a question
> is raised about the limits on the size of the repository subversion can
> manage. Is there a known limitation by subversion or is it only dependent
> on the server hosting the repository ?
>
> many thanks

There shouldn't be a specific limitation imposed by subversion, but keep
in mind that the only way to ever remove anything from a repository is
to use svnadmin dump and filter - and the dump output may be much larger
than the repository itself.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@gmail.com

Re: Limitation on repository size

Posted by Dextrous <de...@gmail.com>.
I don't think there is any limitation on size of repository.

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 5:56 PM, <Ga...@messier-bugatti.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> We're in a process of evaluating subversion in our company and a question
> is raised about the limits on the size of the repository subversion can
> manage. Is there a known limitation by subversion or is it only dependent on
> the server hosting the repository ?
>
> many thanks
>
> gabriel
>

> Gabriel SCOLAN

> Messier-Bugatti - DY/TSA
> (+33) 1 46 29 28 09
> Zone Aéronautique Louis Breguet - BP 40 - F-78141 Vélizy-Villacoublay
> gabriel.scolan@messier-bugatti.com
> visit our website: http://www.messier-bugatti.com

> "Ce courriel et les documents qui sont attachés peuvent contenir des
>
> informations confidentielles. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire escompté,
>
> merci d'en informer l'expéditeur immédiatement et de détruire ce courriel
>
> ainsi que tous les documents attachés de votre système informatique. Toute
>
> divulgation, distribution ou copie du présent courriel et des documents
> attachés
>
> sans autorisation préalable de son émetteur est interdite."
>
>  "This e-mail and any attached documents may contain confidential or
> proprietary
>
> information. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the
> sender immediately
>
> and delete this e-mai land all attached documents from your computer
> system. Any
>
> unauthorised disclosure, distribution or copying hereof is prohibited."

Cheers,
Vishwajeet
http://www.singhvishwajeet.com

Re: Limitation on repository size

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 08:26,  <Ga...@messier-bugatti.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> We're in a process of evaluating subversion in our company and a question is
> raised about the limits on the size of the repository subversion can manage.
> Is there a known limitation by subversion or is it only dependent on the
> server hosting the repository ?

Should only be limited by your disk space and host filesystem/OS.