Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by joe clever <lu...@aemail4u.com> on 2006/07/27 07:45:05 UTC

Integrating Cocoon webapp with Lenya

I have an old cocoon webapp that I would like to run under/alongside Lenya. I saw on the lenya homepage that "All Cocoon components can be used to develop customized functionality." Ok, installed the 1.2.4 windows exe, got that up and running, put the .war archive into the only webapp folder under the build directory and... nothing. So I looked even closer at lenya directories, and can't figure out where/how a cocoon webapp could function with lenya. I thought maybe I could try running just cocoon+webapp with the install just to see how it might work, but it looks like a custom build of cocoon comes with lenya. Is there any way of getting this to work?

I wanted to eventually turn the webapp into a lenya module, is there any documentation on doing that?

I've searched the wiki, mail archive, and googled, can't find any pertinent info, if anyone could point me to some examples/help I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

SMS(mobile text messages) around the world,
Get 100 messages for $4.00, plus sign up now
and get 2 free tryout messages http://www.sms-gold.com

For ringtones, go to
http://smsgold.ringtones-polyphonicringtones.com

Re: Integrating Cocoon webapp with Lenya

Posted by Bhavya Sharma <bh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
i was also facing the same problem, and what i found is that, first of all
you need tolearn that how to integrate your single component with it, also
you need to create your own custom pipeline, see publication_sitemap.xmap,
and doctype.xmap and add your own match filter  it really little bit tough
however if you want i can send you the copy of file and also i would
recommend you explore little bit more about it as it takes so much time then
create new one

On 7/27/06, joe clever <lu...@aemail4u.com> wrote:

> I have an old cocoon webapp that I would like to run under/alongside
> Lenya. I saw on the lenya homepage that "All Cocoon components can be used
> to develop customized functionality." Ok, installed the 1.2.4 windows exe,
> got that up and running, put the .war archive into the only webapp folder
> under the build directory and... nothing. So I looked even closer at lenya
> directories, and can't figure out where/how a cocoon webapp could function
> with lenya. I thought maybe I could try running just cocoon+webapp with the
> install just to see how it might work, but it looks like a custom build of
> cocoon comes with lenya. Is there any way of getting this to work?
>
> I wanted to eventually turn the webapp into a lenya module, is there any
> documentation on doing that?
>
> I've searched the wiki, mail archive, and googled, can't find any
> pertinent info, if anyone could point me to some examples/help I would
> appreciate it.
>
> Thanks!

> SMS(mobile text messages) around the world,
> Get 100 messages for $4.00, plus sign up now
> and get 2 free tryout messages http://www.sms-gold.com
>
> For ringtones, go to
> http://smsgold.ringtones-polyphonicringtones.com

Thank you,
Bhavya Sharma

Re: Integrating Cocoon webapp with Lenya

Posted by Bhavya Sharma <bh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
can anybody tell me that when Apache Lenya 1.4 is going to release,

--
Thank you,
Bhavya Sharma

Re: Integrating Cocoon webapp with Lenya

Posted by Bhavya Sharma <bh...@gmail.com>.
as below i have one query, that i also want to show my existing document
links in menuitem and tabs of lenya live interface, is it possible to do
that?, i have create my own pipline
like */*/mypro/**, i am using mypro as a prefix but when i try access any
lenya's live page it  wont work as it looks for the prefix ,

On 7/27/06, Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> wrote:

> joe clever wrote:
>
> >I have an old cocoon webapp that I would like to run under/alongside
> Lenya. I saw on the lenya homepage that "All Cocoon components can be used
> to develop customized functionality." Ok, installed the 1.2.4 windows exe,
> got that up and running, put the .war archive into the only webapp folder
> under the build directory and... nothing. So I looked even closer at lenya
> directories, and can't figure out where/how a cocoon webapp could function
> with lenya. I thought maybe I could try running just cocoon+webapp with the
> install just to see how it might work, but it looks like a custom build of
> cocoon comes with lenya. Is there any way of getting this to work?
> >
> >I wanted to eventually turn the webapp into a lenya module, is there any
> documentation on doing that?
> >
> >I've searched the wiki, mail archive, and googled, can't find any
> pertinent info, if anyone could point me to some examples/help I would
> appreciate it.
> >

> 1) Make sure that your current Cocoon version (of your "old" webapp) is
> compatible with the Cocoon  version of Lenya
>    (You might want to give it standalone a try)
> 2) If 1 is true, then copy your webapp into the Lenya webapp, e.g.
> build/lenya/webapp/MY_OLD_WEBAPP
>    whereas you should not overwrite the root sitemap of Lenya
> 3) Mount your "old" webapp from within the root sitemap of Lenya at the
> very top before requests go into Lenya specific pipelines
>    (you basically reserve a prefix)
> 4) Access it through the browser ...
>
> HTH
>
> Michi
>
> >Thanks!
> >
> >_____________________________________________________________
> >**********************************************************
> >SMS(mobile text messages) around the world,
> >Get 100 messages for $4.00, plus sign up now
> >and get 2 free tryout messages http://www.sms-gold.com
> >
> >For ringtones, go to
> >http://smsgold.ringtones-polyphonicringtones.com

> Michael Wechner
> Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management   -    Apache Lenya
> http://www.wyona.com                      http://lenya.apache.org
> michael.wechner@wyona.com                        michi@apache.org
> +41 44 272 91 61

Thank you,
Bhavya Sharma

Re: Integrating Cocoon webapp with Lenya

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.