Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Victor Martinez <vj...@gmail.com> on 2021/07/29 12:31:56 UTC

Problem Implementing SAML with RDP Windows

Good evening Team.They told me that I could make inquiries in this
list, referring to a problem that we are having for the implementation
of Guacamole + SAML + RDP.
The downside is for authentication with the RDP service.
I entered the Guacamole Portal with the SAML_ID, but when we tried to
connect via rdp to a Windows 10 host, we received the following from
Invalid Credential:
Jul 28 16:27:10 chidmz117 guacd [17514]: guacd [17905]: INFO: # 011RDP
server closed / refused connection: Authentication failure (invalid
credentials?)
We hope we can count on your help.
Thanks a lot

Victor J. Martínez
RHCE
Cel.: (595)972-918-550
Asunción - Paraguay

Re: Problem Implementing SAML with RDP Windows

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 11:53 AM Victor Martinez <vj...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have deleted the GUAC_PASSWORD token, and it actually asks me back to
> enter the pass and I can now access the device.
> Is there a way that the authentication is transparent?

No, not with SAML, because SAML does not provide the password after
authentication. If you use CAS SSO there is a function called "ClearPass"
that encrypts the password from the SSO server and sends it over to the
client, but you have to use that with extreme caution, and I don't know of
any similar functionality in either SAML or OpenID/OAuth.

-Nick

Re: Problem Implementing SAML with RDP Windows

Posted by Victor Martinez <vj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Victor Martinez <vj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nick.
Thank fo you answer.

1) What version of Guacamole are you running?
The version is 1.3.0

2) When you create the connection, are you providing values for username
and password?
We have configured the saml parameters in the guacamole.properties using
Azure.
The authentication with the Azure-AD is done correctly, once I authenticate
to the Azure-AD I enter the Gaucamole portal without problems.
But when I try to access a Windows computer that I have configured, I see
the Invalid Credential error in the log file.

3) Are you setting the RDP security type correctly for your version of
Windows (probably NLA or NLA Ext)?
The security type is configured in LA.
I only have the drawback when using saml, if I authenticate via LDAP I
connect without problems.

This is my guacamole.properties
# Hostname and port of guacamole proxy
guacd-hostname: 127.0.0.1
guacd-port:     4822

# MySQL properties

api-session-timeout:1

mysql-hostname: dbsvr.winux
mysql-port: 3306
mysql-database: guacamole_db
mysql-username: guacamole_user
mysql-password: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mysql-default-max-connections-per-user: 0
mysql-default-max-group-connections-per-user: 0
#mysql-auto-create-accounts: true

#skip-if-unavailable: mysql,ldap
#LDAP Properties
#ldap-hostname: chidmzvip.winux
#ldap-port: 389
#ldap-username-attribute: uid
#ldap-member-attribute: memberUid
#ldap-encryption-method: none
#ldap-search-bind-dn: uid=aixldap,ou=openldap,ou=services,dc=winux
#ldap-search-bind-password: xxxxxxxxxx
#ldap-config-base-dn: dc=winux
#ldap-user-base-dn: ou=Users,dc=winux
#ldap-user-search-filter:(objectClass=shadowAccount)
#ldap-group-base-dn: ou=Groups,dc=winux
#ldap-group-name-attribute: cn
#ldap-max-search-results: 6000
#ldap-operation-timeout: 300

saml-idp-url:
https://login.microsoftonline.com/3f27f816-99e9-48e2-96b8-7197a6632921/saml2
saml-callback-url: https://ertest.winux.com
saml-debug: True
saml-strict: False
saml-entity-id: https://ertest.winux.com
saml-debug: true

Victor J. Martínez
RHCE
Cel.: (595)972-918-550
Asunción - Paraguay

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
wrote:

> Good evening Team.They told me that I could make inquiries in this
> list, referring to a problem that we are having for the implementation
> of Guacamole + SAML + RDP.
> The downside is for authentication with the RDP service.
> I entered the Guacamole Portal with the SAML_ID, but when we tried to
> connect via rdp to a Windows 10 host, we received the following from
> Invalid Credential:
> Jul 28 16:27:10 chidmz117 guacd [17514]: guacd [17905]: INFO: # 011RDP
> server closed / refused connection: Authentication failure (invalid
> credentials?)
> We hope we can count on your help.
> Thanks a lot

Several questions: