Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Abhishek Agarwal <ab...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/25 13:46:59 UTC

Re: Using Parquet and Thrift in Hive

+ Re-sending as delivery of earlier mail failed.

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 5:14 PM, Abhishek Agarwal <ab...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
> Is it possible to create a table with Parquet as storage mechanism, with
> schema being supplied from thrift IDL rather than metastore?
>
> Something like below,
>

> hive> CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE <Table Name> ROW FORMAT SERDE
> 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.thrift.ThriftDeserializer'
> WITH serdeproperties (
>

> "serialization.class"="<IDL Class>",
> "serialization.format"="org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol"
> ) STORED AS
>

> INPUTFORMAT 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.parquet.MapredParquetInputFormat' OUTPUTFORMAT
>

> 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.parquet.MapredParquetOutputFormat';
>

> I want the schema to be generated through the ThriftSerDe and also use
> Parquet as storage. Would I need to write custom wrappers around the serde
> and input/output format?
>

> --
> Regards,
> Abhishek Agarwal

Abhishek Agarwal

Re: [parquet-dev] Re: Using Parquet and Thrift in Hive

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
This is not possible today. Can you file an enhancement and describe
the motivation?

Also Parquet has moved to apache: http://parquet.incubator.apache.org/

All questions and discussions should now be sent to
dev@parquet.incubator.apache.org please subscribe by emailing
dev-subscribe@parquet.incubator.apache.org