Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Jonathan Kozolchyk <ko...@amazon.com> on 2001/05/31 20:57:22 UTC

Working with arrays

Hello,

Can someone please point me to an example for sending and receiving arrays
of primitives via SOAP (using the RPC mechanisms)?  I can send arrays of
beans without problems, but I'm having difficulty sending primitives.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Re: Working with arrays

Posted by Heitzso <he...@home.com>.
don't know if this is of any help because it's working with the
wrapper class Integer rather than the primitive int, but
it's from EchoTestClient.java in interop:

   p = new Parameter("inputIntegerArray", Integer[].class, new Integer[]{
                     new Integer(5),
                     new Integer(4),
                     new Integer(3),
                     new Integer(2),
                     new Integer(1)}, null);
   smr.mapTypes(Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC, new QName("", "Return"),
null, null, arraySer);
   doCall(url, "echoIntegerArray", p);

Heitzso

Re: Working with arrays

RE: Working with arrays

Posted by Jonathan Kozolchyk <ko...@amazon.com>.
The sample code is what got me to be able to send an array of beans, but I
didn't see any sample code for sending primitives (specifically an array of
integers).

Jonathan

>Can someone please point me to an example for sending and receiving arrays
>of primitives via SOAP (using the RPC mechanisms)?  I can send arrays of
>beans without problems, but I'm having difficulty sending primitives.

I  haven't actually tackled this, but need to today or tomorrow.

I noticed that the samples includes two systems that push
arrays of various things back and forth.  Have you tried following
the included sample code?

Heitzso

RE: Working with arrays

Re: Working with arrays