Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by sx chen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/20 03:50:25 UTC

How to seperate the user portal and admin portal?

hello,I want to seperate the user portal and admin portal,So admin and user
will login to different server and seperate from each other. Can you give
me some suggestion.
another mgr server for user only and disable some functions,Is it possible?

Re: How to seperate the user portal and admin portal?

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
this sounds like you either want to customize the UI (maybe as simple as
check to see if an admin is trying to log in from the 'user portal' and
reject it at login) or create your own custom UI...

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.

Posted by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org>.
On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 7:20 AM, sx chen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hello,I want to seperate the user portal and admin portal,So admin and user
> will login to different server and seperate from each other. Can you give
> me some suggestion.
> another mgr server for user only and disable some functions,Is it possible?

Totally possible, the present CloudStack UI uses CloudStack APIs to
interact with the mgmt server. You can write your own portal based on your
needs using these APIs, for example create a backbonejs based single page
app portal which interacts asynchronously with the mgmt server using the
json based APIs.

Search the documentation area on the website on how to get started, or
start hacking using firebug or something.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.