Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by codejunky codejunky <co...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/25 01:50:02 UTC

Any way to specify how many results to retrieve in the Hits Collection

Using the Lucene API is there any way when executing a search via  IndexSearcher when the hits are returned to specify how many results to  return per the search? Say there are 1000 documents that match the  query I only want to return the first 100. Does Lucene support this in  some way?  So that I dont have to build my own caching mechanism.

  thanks,
   Tom.

Yahoo! Mail