Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/03 11:24:04 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] cordova-lib 10.0.0 Major Release

Does the CLI/lib has something to do with platform deprecation? I mean, do
we add warnings or something when adding them?

As far as I know you can always add any platform as long as it implements
the required API, whether is official and maintained or official and
deprecated or a 3rd party platform. Deprecated only means we won’t do more
work on them and we will remove plugins code for those platforms, so I
don’t see any reason to block this release. Even if we add warnings, that
can be done in a minor release.

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.
Ah, didn’t know about the deprecated field.

Then yeah, I think we can set them to true at any moment in a minor release
and then totally remove for next major.
We should probably start separate deprecation vote threads for each
platform.

Posted by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com>.