Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Sascha Kersken <sk...@lingoworld.de> on 2004/03/22 08:06:25 UTC

Typo in mod_rewrite doc?

Hi there,

the "Special Notes" on variables in the description of RewriteCond contains
the examples %{HTTP:Proxy-Connection} and %{LA-U:REMOTE_USER}. Is this
correct? Doesn't it have to be either %{HTTP:Proxy-Connection} and
%{LA-U:Remote-User}, or %{HTTP:PROXY_CONNECTION} and %{LA-U:REMOTE_USER}? Or
do HTTP Headers and look-ahead-variables really have a different format?

Regards,
Sascha

Re: Typo in mod_rewrite doc?

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Sascha Kersken wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > the "Special Notes" on variables in the description of RewriteCond
> > contains the examples %{HTTP:Proxy-Connection} and %{LA-U:REMOTE_USER}. Is
> > this correct? Doesn't it have to be either %{HTTP:Proxy-Connection} and
> > %{LA-U:Remote-User}, or %{HTTP:PROXY_CONNECTION} and %{LA-U:REMOTE_USER}?
> > Or do HTTP Headers and look-ahead-variables really have a different
> > format?
>
> Proxy-Connection is an HTTP header, while REMOTE_USER is an env variable,
> so the capitalization is standard and correct.  I'm not really sure if
> mod_rewrite is case-sensitive in this area or not, however.

depends :)
It's normally case insensitive, since it uses apr_tables. There's just one
exception: If you request an environment variable which is not available
within the server structures, but in the inherited system environment. The
fallback getenv() call is case sensitive (at least on *x).

nd

Re: Typo in mod_rewrite doc?

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Sascha Kersken wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> the "Special Notes" on variables in the description of RewriteCond contains
> the examples %{HTTP:Proxy-Connection} and %{LA-U:REMOTE_USER}. Is this
> correct? Doesn't it have to be either %{HTTP:Proxy-Connection} and
> %{LA-U:Remote-User}, or %{HTTP:PROXY_CONNECTION} and %{LA-U:REMOTE_USER}? Or
> do HTTP Headers and look-ahead-variables really have a different format?

Proxy-Connection is an HTTP header, while REMOTE_USER is an env variable,
so the capitalization is standard and correct.  I'm not really sure if
mod_rewrite is case-sensitive in this area or not, however.

Joshua.