Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Bill <bh...@collaborativefusion.com> on 2003/03/17 20:22:52 UTC

patching security service in 2.2

I'm trying to 'patch' my app with the latest version of the Turbine
security service, but the classes in:

org.apache.turbine.services.security.torque

seem to be looking for a package:

org.apache.turbine.services.security.torque.om

It looks like this package should have the TurbineUserPeer class in it?

Can someone explain this to me?  Shouldnt TurbineUserPeer be in:

org.apache.turbine.om.security.peer?

thanks

-b

Re: patching security service in 2.2

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Bill <bh...@collaborativefusion.com> writes:

>I'm trying to 'patch' my app with the latest version of the Turbine
>security service, but the classes in:

Ugh. Don't do that. :-) Just use the 2.3-dev branch.

>org.apache.turbine.services.security.torque

>seem to be looking for a package:

>org.apache.turbine.services.security.torque.om

>It looks like this package should have the TurbineUserPeer class in it?

>Can someone explain this to me?  Shouldnt TurbineUserPeer be in:

>org.apache.turbine.om.security.peer?

These are the (old), hand rolled peers for the DBSecurity Service. The
newer Torque Security Service uses the Torque generated peers in
torque.om which are generated from the security-schema.xml by the
Maven Torque plugin @ compile time. That's why you find no source for
these anywhere.

	Regards
		Henning