Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Korbinian Bachl <ko...@whiskyworld.de> on 2007/12/15 16:16:47 UTC

Wicket + Spring 2.5

Hi,

im currently using ANT + IDE (EAR having EJBapp + WEBapp) to get my
wicket apps started, but somehow I looked at the new spring 2.5 and it
seems interesting to me (same possibilities but no big appserver
needed)... can anyone post a example app or structure to me where I can
see how to plug wicket + spring 2.5 together? (or a Maven2 Archetype for
it?)

I mean, where do you stere there? first a spring 2.5 App and then put
wicket in? or wicket first and then spring in?... sorry for the noobish
question but I never used spring before.

Best,

Korbinian

Re: Wicket + Spring 2.5

Posted by Advanced Technology® <th...@gmail.com>.
Take a look of appfuse light 1.8.1, there is a Wicket 1.3 + Spring
2.5combination.
https://appfuse-light.dev.java.net/

Good Luck
AT

2007/12/15, Korbinian Bachl <ko...@whiskyworld.de>:

> Hi,
>
> im currently using ANT + IDE (EAR having EJBapp + WEBapp) to get my
> wicket apps started, but somehow I looked at the new spring 2.5 and it
> seems interesting to me (same possibilities but no big appserver
> needed)... can anyone post a example app or structure to me where I can
> see how to plug wicket + spring 2.5 together? (or a Maven2 Archetype for
> it?)
>
> I mean, where do you stere there? first a spring 2.5 App and then put
> wicket in? or wicket first and then spring in?... sorry for the noobish
> question but I never used spring before.
>
> Best,
>
> Korbinian

AT(R)

Re: Wicket + Spring 2.5

Posted by James Perry <ja...@gmail.com>.
For an example app for Spring 2.5, download the full distrubution jar
with dependencies; which contains ample sample apps.

To understand how Wicket and Spring can be integrated and its
implications, go to: http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/spring.html. As
for a wicket app that uses Spring:
http://wicketstuff.org/confluence/display/STUFFWIKI/wicket-phonebook/.
However, I would recommend injecting service beans rather than your
DAOs

Good luck,
JP.